Welcome & Disclaimer

These recipes are geared toward a DS-friendly diet. They are usually high fat, high protein, low carb, low sugar.

I did not write or configure any of the recipes posted here. I am not a chef. I copied and pasted the recipes from public DS forums to make them easier to access and search.

Feel free to leave suggestions or send a new recipe to be posted.

Thanks!

-vangy

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Brisket Pot Roast with Onion Gravy

Tons of onions sliced (I used 3 very large onions for 1-1/2 pounds of brisket) into a dutch oven or casserole. Salt, pepper, paprika, couple of cloves of garlic, beef stock. Lay the brisket on top of the bed of onions. More salt, pepper, paprika. Cover and cook @ 350 for at least 2-3 hours (the longer the better). Slice the brisket and back in the oven for another hour. When its done I take the onion gravy and add some cornstarch slurry to thicken it up a bit.

I have also added potatoes during the last hour but I had a craving for kasha varniskas so that's it. So simple yet so yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment