Welcome & Disclaimer

These recipes are geared toward a DS-friendly diet. They are usually high fat, high protein, low carb, low sugar.

I did not write or configure any of the recipes posted here. I am not a chef. I copied and pasted the recipes from public DS forums to make them easier to access and search.

Feel free to leave suggestions or send a new recipe to be posted.

Thanks!

-vangy

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 5, 2012

EN's Famous Hunk-o-Critter Pseudorecipe

1. Get a crockpot.
2. Get a hunk-o-critter. Doesn't matter what kind of critter. This works for anything flesh. Well, I wouldn't do it with fish unless it's very meaty fish like tuna. And then it would be a crying shame to do it to tuna. So just don't use sea critter.
3. Place critter in crockpot.
4. Slice vast quantities of sweet onion and pile them in crockpot. Squish 'em in there like crazy, as many as you can stuff.
5. Add a large glob of REAL butter. No fake shit for this or it won't work right. And don't be chintzy, either. When I do this in my great big crockpot (8 quart I think) I use a whole stick of butter. For the 2-quart version, I use about a third of a stick.
6. Add seasonings of choice. You can be as simple or as gourmet as you wish. For me the minimum is sea salt, freshly ground pepper and vast quantities of garlic. I often also use fresh rosemary. Whatever you like in meat is fine for seasoning. I'm told a dab of liquid smoke is nice but haven't tried it myself yet.

7. This is the important part:DO NOT ADD ANY FLUIDS OF ANY KIND OR ANY OTHER VEGGIES.None, nada, zilch. There is truly something about the meat-onion-butter combo that makes it special. And there is plenty of liquid in there with meat and onions. Trust me.

8. Cook a very long time. The butter helps to caramelize the onions, along with the sugar in the sweet onion variety. You could do it with other onions, but the sweeter the onion the better the effect. (Please do not fret about the carb count of onions. I might have to have a tantrum otherwise.)

9. Shred the critter. Or pull it out in chunks if it will stay that way, but it's nicer shredded. Pig out.

Leftovers are just fantabulous. This is one of those dishes that gets better with age, so plan for leftovers, unless leftovers make you barf, of course, which happens for some of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment